Update added by user Feb 08
This is how TravelEx responds to legitimate claims:
From: Better Business Bureau, Inc.
To: Ms.Janet L Halliday
Subject: This complaint has been closed without response from the business
This message originally read on 2/8/2016 Janet Halliday
Dear Janet Halliday : This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/5/2016 against Travelex Insurance Services.
Your complaint was assigned ID 11025257. The BBB has processed your complaint to the above referenced company. Our purpose is to serve both parties in a dispute by acting as a neutral third party. We attempt to help both sides find a voluntary solution to the complaint.
We are unable to compel a company to respond to or resolve complaints. We regret to inform you that the company has not responded to your complaint. If we do receive a response in the future, a copy will be sent to you. You may wish to seek the advice of an attorney, or file a claim in Small Claims Court.
Your complaint will remain on file for three years and will be reported to the public that the company did not respond. This will also result in a negative change to the company's BBB rating. If the company is a BBB Accredited Businesses, an unanswered complaint can subject them to the loss of their accreditation. If you have resolved this with the company please notify the BBB.
Should you provide additional information, please note the BBB publishes the details of complaints received by our office. The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on BBBs Web site (There are a few instances when a complaint does not meet publishing guidelines and BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information when you tell us about your problem or in your desired outcome. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business.
BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.Regards, Jeffrey Complaint Handler The Better Business Bureau
Original review posted by user Jan 05
We took out a 20k travel insurance policy, which carried 150% trip interruption plan; Cost: $1,000.We were to take an expedition to Antarctica, so we booked the insurance from door-2-door to be safe.
We flew to Buenos Aires on day 1, on Day 2 the trip was cancelled due to ice berg damage to our ship. TravelEx sent us a check for the CHANGE FEE ONLY (which was $600) and didn't reimburse the plane ticket that got us there. Who pays 3k for airfare to BA for a weekend?!? AND, why wouldn't they cover at least HALF that expense as immediate travel back home?
Can you spell FRAUD!?!
I don't understand how they are allowed to make these reparations without discussing anything with us. They allowed no interaction while making their decision and leave us with no alternative other than to complain here. Our trip coverage was at 150%, yet we received piddly based on our costs. AT MOST they could be paying for 150% of the full cost for our first cancelled trip, and then we'd pay the cost of the rebooked trip out of that money!!!
I've tried to explain to them about flights back and they don't care...is this the way its really supposed to work???
200 people lost a lot of money with this incident, and all had to have at least the bare minimum of Travelex's insurance.It feels like, to me, THEY made a lot of money with this incident :(
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- I want the costs of my flight to BA - no one spends over 4k just to fly to a foreign country and stay there for 1 day! This insurance plan was door-2-door, and their were 200 folks on this trip that also had similar claims...looks like TravelEx made out!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Travelex Insuance
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- " I just returned from the Costa Rica Coast to Coast to Coast with EF Tours. This tour was overall a terrible experience. The horrible accommodations..."
- "I booked 1 week on Airbnb, however, needed a month of service until I moved my 19-year-old to his own place. I was told by Ingrid that she had..."
- "I was rudely moved aside my shopping cart and told it was there job to push it out for me. When I tried to take it back he just kept..."
- "This is the first and so far only Subway I've been to that cuts the already cut vegetables before putting them on your sandwich. I was floored! Times are hard..."
- "Delivery was pitiful! I received an email Stating it was delivered at 4:33pm come to find out at 5:30pm after I called that it can't be delivered until 10am the next..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."